INNOPHARMA is a Galician initiative for early detection of drugs that provides technological support to enhance the pharmaceutical sector in Galicia, transferring the academic know-how to drug discovery projects.It is a platform for pharmacogenomics research based on knowledge that combines genotyping platforms and drug screening capabilities of the University of Santiago de Compostela, led by Dr. Ángel Carracedo and Mabel Loza. Its objective is to fill the gap between basic research in new therapeutic mechanisms and its industrial applicationcarrying out projects to add value to scientific knowledge and transfering it to drug discovery programmes.
This initiative is supported on three pillars:
- Pharmacogenomics platform with high-capacity infrastructures and use of industry standards.
- Continued development of a privileged chemical library of compounds for searching hits on appointed targets and a platform of biological tests for high capacity screening in efficacy and safety trials.
- Application to innovative programmes of early detection of drugs.
What does Innopharma offer?
PARTICIPATION IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF MEDICINES FOR THE PATIENTS.
INNOPHARMA provides the selected programmes:
– High-capacity infrastructures and use of industry standards in open innovation.
– Experience and capabilities for:
Validation of new therapeutic targets.
Development of trials for high-capacity screening.
New translational models for efficacy tests in vitro tests and safety panels.
Identification and optimization of active molecules to reach candidates for preclinical and clinical development, etc.
– Using a privileged chemical library of compounds for searching hits on appointed targets that includes molecules with chemical and biological diversity, drugs for repositioning and exclusive biologically marked compounds.
– Publications with high impact rate.
– Shared intellectual property.
– Possibility of collaborative projects with other public and private groups at national and international level.
The purpose of this call of Innopharma is to contribute to the appreciation and transfer of the technology arising from the selected projects.