Main researcher: Francisco Barros Angueira
- Developmentof methods for disease and patients stratification
- Search for genes involved in complex traits, especially those in cancer and neuropsyquiatric diseases:
- Pharmacogenetics in psyquiatric disease treatments. Effectiveness on response prediction of the analysis of SNPs located in genes in the antipsychotic metabolic pathways as well as those involved in the reception/ transmission of neurotransmitters on which they act.
- Pharmacogenetics in oncological treatment. Development of a useful set of cost-effective SNPs and mutations for response prediction to the most common anti-carcinogenic treatments.
- Genetic studies of interindividual differences in drug response and adverse drug reactions (ADR)
- Analysis of resistance to treatment of chronic myelogenous leukaemia. Mutation detection methods in the BCR-ABL kinase domain and therapeutic meaning.
- Search for therapeutic targets in cooperation with pharmaceutical companies, through the Innopharma Platform