The Genomic Medicine Group has a large number of biological samples and data associated to them, which have been included in several collections in order to use them in research projects from the different research areas we work in.
All collections have been registered in the National Register of Collections of the ISCIII:
- C.0001349: Autosomal recessive congenital ichthyosis research
- C.0001353: Forensic research
- C.0001360: Genetics in neurological diseases research
- C.0001387: Pharmacogenetics and pharmacogenomics research
- C.0002864: Cancer research
- C.0003145: Genetic basis of psychiatric disorders
- C.0003366: Periodontitis and genetic susceptibility
- C.0003820: Genetics of rare diseases
- C.0000537: Sudden cardiac death research
- C.0000538: Ophthalmological diaseases research
- C.0000539: Aortic genetic diseases research
- C.0000540: Pharmacogenetics research
In addition, through the Galician Public Foundation for Genomic Medicine, a collaboration agreement with CIBER for the optimization and the availability of the DNA PLATFORM is maintained. This platform allows the management of collections of representative samples of DNA from the Spanish population with mental disorders, ensuring a rational, efficient, ethical and legal use of them, while ensuring compliance with the rights of donors for the benefit of all research groups forming CIBERSAM.